|Jobboard Home | About | Filter Job Posts | Search|
Ohio Farm Bureau
Deadline to submit a resume and application for this position is Friday, January 20, 2012 at 5 p.m. Information received after that will not be considered.
The Web Developer will provide both backend and frontend development for new and existing websites and applications. This will include writing markup, coding, integration with other systems, testing, quality assurance, and troubleshooting. The Web Developer will also provide maintenance and administration for the sites/applications including maintaining the underlying servers and services on which they run.
Strategy & Planning
• Participate is setting organizational Web development strategy.
• Define Web site architecture and overall site structure.
• Establish policies and procedures for publishing Web pages and applications in conjunction with content creators.
• Conduct research into current and emerging Web technologies and issues in support of Web development efforts.
• Install and configure HTTP servers and associated operating systems
• Identify, recommend, and prioritize new Web features and applications in conjunction with business leaders and department managers.
• Oversee Web development projects, including intranets and extranets.
• Develop, code, install, test, debug, and document company web applications and sites.
• Update Web pages to ensure site accuracy and currency.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing Web applications and sites.
• Work with database administrator to design, develop, and update databases as they relate to Web applications.
• Ensure security of all Web sites and related applications.
• Perform periodic Web site audits.
• Monitor and report on Web site traffic and performance.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Information Technology.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
MINIMUM SKILL QUALIFICATIONS
• Three (3) years experience designing and building web-based applications
• Advanced programming knowledge particularly in working with PHP and .Net, their related frameworks and Web-related design patterns.
• Thorough understanding of application development methodologies
• Experience using version control systems
• Experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements
• Comprehensive experience with structuring, developing, and implementing interactive corporate Web sites
• Proven experience in installing, upgrading, and maintaining Web servers and associated operating systems particularly *nix/Apache and Windows/IIS
• Experience with computer graphic and multimedia design
• Knowledge of database development, including working with MySql and SQL Server
• Proven ability to manage projects
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
• Excellent knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
• Desire to stay updated on and use current and new technologies